The Brennes’s park with its cycle tracks, hiking trails and magnificent landscapes has different level of tagged cycle tracks.
Rides are organized by various horse riding clubs.
Canoeing on the French rivers “la creuse” and “l’anglin”
The area offers you some high quality golf courses.
Go to www.les-dryades.fr
Fishing in rivers and lakes
Wilde birds in the natural park
Castles to visit
Most Beautiful Villages in France
Saint Benoit du Sault
3 villages are officially registred as the Most Beautiful Villages in France.
The following are our selection:
- Leon in Prissac (6km): typical French food, also very nice for lunchtime
- Auberge de Thenay (10km): typical French food with grilled meat on real fire specialty.
- Chateau de Chabenet (15km): top of the range French food in a magnificent “château”
- Pizzeria “la rive droite” at Argenton-sur-creuse (12km).
- "Le Clap" at Argenton-sur-creuse (12km) French food.
- Yaki Tokyo » at Saint-Maur (30km) Asian food with sushis, unlimited buffet and unlimited grill.
- Gabrière (40km): typical French food, viewing one of the Brenne’s lakes.
- Argentomagus at Argenton-sur-creuse: www.argentomagus.fr
- Mineralogy museum at Chaillac
Oradour sur Glane
On June 10th 1944, the city of Oradour sur Glane was invaded by the Germans leading to massive executions of 642 people. Nowadays you can visite the ruins.
Brocantes and markets
During summer time you will find lots of markets, brocantes, boot sales and attic sales. The 29th of each month you will find “ les Hérolles” market. That’s a huge market were you will find whatever you like, from a bottle of wine to a sheep. Every Saturday morning you have Argenton-sur-Creuse’s and la Châtre’s markets and every Friday Saint-Gaultier’s market.
Birds show at Chauvigny
L’île aux serpents at la Trimoulle
Parc with snakes and reptiles.
Futuroscope parc in Poitiers
Here you can make a walk in the canopy of the trees, ride on horseback, or play a game of paintball.
Zoo Parc de Beauval
This is a beautiful zoo with, recently imported: 2 Pandabears from China.
The magnificent 19th century home of Frances most famous female writer George Sand is developed into a museum in Nohant.
All the furniture and decoration remained original.
The gardens by themselves alone are worth the visit.
Argenton sur Creuse